Why should I get born again? Why should I receive Christ and give Him my life instead of I myself keeping it? You too might be wondering why everywhere you go evangelists are always persuading you to get born again.
There are many benefits to serving God. David lists some of them in Psalm 103:1-6. These are God’s paycheck with a bonus for being a blood washed, born-again child of God. Oh yea, the world and the Devil offer benefits as well, but the paycheck is woe, misery, sickness, depression, death, and, oh yes, don’t forget about the bonus — an eternal hell fire. Satan and the world will whine and claim that there is nothing to this, but God has given us a wonderful salvation for all to see and it is free of charge to anyone that is willing to come and humble themselves before a holy and righteous God.
The benefits of serving our wonderful God include, but are not limited to:
- He forgives all our iniquities. If we confess that we have sinned he is faithful enough to forgive us. (1 John 1:7-9) When our sins are forgiven, we are able to approach His throne of grace in our times of need and ask for help. When we are full of sin, this favor is denied. We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him. (John 9:31). The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)
- He heals all our diseases and we enjoy good health. How can a child of the Most High suffer these common ailments? Never, for He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from the deadly disease. (Psalms 91:3) By the stripes of Jesus we are not only saved but we have access to divine healing. Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. (Jeremiah 33:6).
- Our lives are redeemed from eternal destruction. Now every redeemed soul can sing with confidence, “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” (1 Corinthians 15:55). We are saved from the death and destruction that we deserved.
- He crowns us with loving kindness and tender mercies. God is love and we as His children get to enjoy the full measure of His love to the point that on the day of judgement we shall be confident to stand before Him. His perfect love that casts out fear. For we are not given a spirit of timidity, but of power, love and sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- He renews our youth like the eagles. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
- The LORD executes righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed. When the enemy (Satan and the world) comes in like a flood God answers the cries and prayers of those that call upon Him because of the oppressor. He is too righteous and just to close His ears to their cry. When you become a child of God. He quiets the oppressor so that he is never heard of again.
- He satisfies us with good things. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? (Matthew 7:11). Be it financial provision, be it peace of mind, He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we can think of or imagine. (Ephesians 3:20)
What are you waiting for? Receive Christ today as your savior and begin a journey of personal faith in Him. For sure you will never be disappointed.
Say this prayer and believe if you wanna be born again:
Heavenly God, with understanding I confess that I have not lived to the mark. I have been lost in sin and worldly ways. Today I pray that you may forgive my sins. Search me Lord, and see my anxious thoughts, lead me to your way everlasting. Thank you for giving your son to die for me and my sins. I give myself to you. Take me and reside in me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen